Thursday, November 20, 2008

Name That Gun


This is the gun I got today, the Smith & Wesson 6906 (this is 659, but they're really similar). I wasn't even expecting to buy one today: I had heard that there was a gun store in Giv'at Zev, so I decided to check it out. It's a great place, there was a security guards course going on, a soldier came to get his gun fixed. Great deal. This gun at another place was 2300, and the one I got was 1800 (shekels, of course). I have my next 4 shootings there for free, gave me discounts here and there, great guy, everyone loves him. His son is in Lotar, and he was my madrich. Thank God, I shot well, all 50 hit the target. It's been awhile since I shot a pistol, but I didn't forget. All I need to do now is to go to the Misrad Hapnim on Sunday, show them the forms, and then Monday or Tuesday to pick up the gun and we're good.

Anyway, I'm having a contest. Everyone gives me suggestions for names for my gun, and I (maybe with another friend or two) will choose the best. The winner I'll take out for lunch or dinner or something (if someone can think of a better prize, let me know).

I am going to put in two suggestions myself.

Ayelet
Shalhevet

I'm thinking maybe to keep Ayelet from my army M4. And Shalhevet for something new.

Everyone, send in your suggestions. Just comment here (or facebook, wherever), and may the best [wo]man win!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

suggestions from my ncsy people here: betsy, eagle eye, Jefferson, derreck, Trevor, big papa, max daddy, daddy's cannon, kenny, mr.t

Sun Nov 23, 08:23:00 AM 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about... Yori. Get it? "Yoreh", so Yori. I like it.

Mon Nov 24, 12:10:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home