Tuesday, October 07, 2008

New Time For Mincha

Because we turned the clock back already, so BH I can daven Ma'ariv before I go back home. So I went to the Kotel and was davening at about 6pm. At 605 I noticed that there was a minyan right in front of us, and I only heard them say Kaddish and Shmoneh Esrei, so I thought that I just must have missed their Barchu and rest of Ma'ariv. When I finished my Ma'ariv Shmoneh Esrei, I heard them all of a sudden say in unison, "Baruch Hu uvaruch Shmo." And I was wodnering, "What...?" and then I heard another one, and then an "Amein." And then another BHU"SH, and then another "Amein," and then something entered my ears that I wasn't expecting to hear: Kedusha. "Nekadeish es Shimcha...." And then I realized, Dude, they're davening Mincha.

Just so you understand, if today would've been Shabbos, it would've ended 13 minutes before they started Mincha. Not like, oh, sunset was only 10 minutes ago, but Shabbos would've been over already! *sigh* What were they thinking...?

Nu nu...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were they Chassidim??

Thu Oct 23, 04:08:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

maybe...*eyes darting suspiciously left and right*

Thu Oct 23, 07:36:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home