Friday, June 20, 2008

Hey, Sarge!

I don't know what it's like 100% in the American army, but here in Tzahal, a chayyal will get promoted in ranks just out of how long he has been in the army. Nothing like doing something really good, promotion, or being up against a board who decides, nothing like that, just if you've been in the army for x amount of time, then you are x rank. So usually, after a year and 4 months, one will get to the rank sergeant, but because hesder guys get discharged at that point, so we get promoted to sergeant a little sooner, after a year and 3 months. I didn't know this, but one of my friends went to the doctor, and on his papers it says, "Sergeant Binyamin...." I was like, wow, cool, I'm a sergeant. Thing is though, no one really cares about rank in the army, probably because one gets a rank after a certain amount of time.

I wonder if I'm going to get the stripes to put on my uniform...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home