Sunday, May 11, 2008

Game Over

No more siyyurim (hummer patrols). No more missions. No more arrests, patrols, throwing flash-grenades. None. It's over. It was supposed to last until Tuesday, but I was sent today with 25 other people to go set up our new base, Nevi Musa near the Dead Sea in the middle of nowhere, where we'll be for the next month, training. Then regillah (week-vacation), then 3 weeks near Be'er Sheva training in urban warfare. 7 weeks of training means I get to be in Otni'el for less than a week, then get discharged. No more Ramallah. No more Silwad. No more Ofrah, Beit El. It's all over.

I'm going to miss it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Special Ed said...

well at least your mother and I won't have to worry about you shooting yourself soon :)

Sun May 11, 09:32:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I, for one, am certainly not complaining!

Tue May 13, 05:40:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home