Thursday, March 06, 2008

More Vacation! Wooo!

Yup, more. Except this one is my regular (Ha! Regilah...!) week-vacation that every chayyal gets every 4 months. It's cool, just chilling, resting. I tried to go to the shooting range (no, we do NOT shoot enough in the army. Besides, that's only m16s and m4s, I want to shoot a pistol) today...no, I didn't try to go, I went, but it wasn't so successful. They lady said that I have to get a "te'udat yosher" from the police (I assume a te'udah saying that I'm yashar, straight (no, not that type of straight)), and something from the doctor. I walked out, but then I went back in. Slichah, I'm a chayyal, does that matter? No, still need those stuff. Too bad...Good thing that when I get back to base I have to m'apeis (straighten the sights I guess?) my new gun. Yeah shooting! Wooo!

Last week we had tekes So Maslul. It marks the end of a year (about) that we trained and fought together, the guys I was drafted with. Now we're all splitting up to the 3 other companies of Duchifat: Palchod, Mivtza'it or M'saya'at. The arsim almost always go to the M'saya'at. BH I'm going to the Palchod, following my Lieutenant Matan. It is possible that I won't be in his machlakah (platoon), but I am davening that that is not that case. He is absolutely amazing. Sunday we'll find out.

Either way, my new base will be in Ofrah, not in P'sagot like I had thought. You see, on May 18 the whole unit is leaving Ramallah and going up to the Jordan Valley for training for 10 weeks. They figured there's no point to switch bases for 2 months (every 4 months the companies switch bases), so we're staying in Ofrah.

Being married is still cool. Haven't got tired of Her. Yet...Hehe just kidding. Chalilah v'chas if should get tired of her...

That's it for now. Have a great Shabbos.

2 Comments:

Blogger Special Ed said...

dude we're like 15. you can't be making old man married jokes. leave that to the old men.

this is when ari chimes in

Thu Mar 06, 05:40:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Ra'anan (Ron) Schwarzmer said...

Dude, marriage is like comedy. You need at least ten years into the game before you can call yourself a beginner.

Fri Mar 14, 06:50:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home