Friday, March 07, 2008

The Really Annoying Tzitzis Curls: Problem & Solution

You know how sometimes if you untie then retie tzitzis (for whatever reason), the strings get curled at the end? Right? Familiar? We all know why it happens. It's because the string was tied for so long, it just stays in that position, more or less, curled. So I did that yesterday. It has been annoying me that I'm walking around with a shittah of techeiles that no one holds anymore, so I decided to do something about it -- I changed the tying to Gr"a. But then I realized that I would haver the dreaded Really Annoying Tzitzis Curls, and was saddedened to realize that that was going to be my fate, but, I had to change my tzitzis anyway. But then HaShem put an idea into my head: why don't I iron the tzitzis strings? That would for sure work. So I spoke to the shvigger (mother-in-law), we got the iron, we did it and low and behold, the Really Annoying Tzitzis Curls are gone.

Thank you Lord for this epiphany.

4 Comments:

Blogger Special Ed said...

dude i iron my tzitzis all the time.

does that make me weird

Fri Mar 07, 05:16:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Adam Roth said...

dude i completely told u about that last yr when i was retying my techeiles. stop taking credit for my ideas.

Mon Mar 10, 04:20:00 PM 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, jeez... you have a real, honest-to-goodness shvigger! Enjoy it while you can, my son!

Tue Mar 11, 07:01:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Ra'anan (Ron) Schwarzmer said...

Dude, there's no need to iron them. If they're the tallit kind of tzitzit(the thick ones), then all you have to do is wet them and straighten them. Accomplish theis by putting them on your bed or a table (with towel underneath, and let the begged hang over the side. Put a book or something flat with some kind of weight to keep the strings straight. After an hour or so, once the strings are partially dry, hang them up somewhere. The tension created by hanging the beged over the side of the table(and pulling on the strings) helps to keep them straight. i do this on a regular basis, because my strings always get tangled when they come out of the machine. Also, make sure you put them into laundry bags(you know, the laundry bags with all those holes that women put their underthings into) when you wash them to keep the tyangles to a minimum.

Fri Mar 14, 06:48:00 PM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home