Sunday, October 02, 2005

Shabbos In Matisyahu

9 of us went to Sam's (one of my 4 roomates; he's from Chicago) sister's house in Matisyahu. 6 kids, 9 guys, crazy house, but it was nice--cute kids I must say. We sang, we slept. Today I reread Courtrooms of the Mind by Chanoch Teller, I love that book. It's about judging people favorably, it's full of stories about, well, obviously, judging people favorably, just great, great stories. Rabbi Baum gave me that book for my bar mitzvah, but it was signed by Chanoch Teller himself, with personal note. Not a biggy or anything, just like, Mazal tov, best of luck type of thing, you know? Anyway I have read the book over and over again, and love it even more each time. Some of the stories I don't like, but there are a few which I love reading each time. It's too bad too, because people it's a mitzvah in the Torah which a lot of times isn't done, which is not so hard to do. Just tell yourself, "Yourself, he really isn't doing anything bad." Just be like, "no, really, he's a good person and he's not doing anything bad." I recommend the book for everybody.

[Special Report: I'm sorry to interupt this rambling, but Roth just came upstairs singing--meaning the Yankees had won. And of course, Roth confirmed and the Yankees won today and are division champs, once again. I hate seeing Roth like this--iyH the Yanks will get sweeped in the first round so Roth will shut up and kill himself. No ch"v, just so he'll shut up. I can't believe the Yankees won the division. Hate to say it, but I DO have to give them a little credit, after those awwful awful streaks in the beginning of the year--but seriously, the Red Sox should have put the division away awhile ago. I mean, so what if they don't have pitching? They should have anyway...anyway....]

This afternoon, 4 of us went to Chashmonaim and I visited the SOLOMONTS! WEEE! It was great, even though I was there for not so long in total, it was the first time I was at their house, and the first time I saw Sarah Beth since before they left America, and the first time I saw Ari since graduation day. Eli was there and she's soooo cute and soooo happy and soooo full of energy like WOW OMG--she didn't remember me. I didn't expect her to. Dov was in yeshiva, and i think both Malka and Nechama were out at friends or something. I can't wait til Sukkos, when Ed, Kfare, Charles, Rube (that's what Ed told me, he might come), and maybe Yaakov and DMD, and I will be there. I can't wait. Ed told me on Friday, and Sarah Beth told me today, that I have to come with a decoration the represents me, like a drawing, or something like that. I'm not sure what that will be yet, but we'll see...BH I have time to figure it out.
Dammit, I just remembered--I can't draw! I don't know if anyone here can. Sarah Beth, what am I to do??
Maybe Zsh can draw...? Maybe I can get him to sculpt me something. Hehe.
Ohhh, good one Roth, Issac can draw! Sweet! Maybe I can get him to draw me something....
Ok Roth is in too good of a mood--he just edited the Red Sox backround on the other computer just a little bit...Oh boy...
Aight, I'm bizoucin'. Laila tov vachalamot metukim y'all.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"bizouchin"???? i think im misreading something here...what in the world do you mean by that?

Sun Oct 02, 05:32:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Dani B. said...

Roth carry the torch of yankee fans at yesodei! don't give the rabbi kahn or rabbi wolicki get you down!

Sun Oct 02, 05:50:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Dani B. said...

sorry I meant: don't let rabbi Kahn or rabbi Wolicki get you down!

I need to start proofreading!

Sun Oct 02, 05:51:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Hinda said...

SOX WON TODAY! 10-1! WOOHOO!

When SB told me to bring a decoration that represents me, I brought a red plastic knife, fork and spoon (look for it in the sukkah!) because I am a redhead who likes to eat. Also because that's all I had around the apartment that I could spare!

Be creative! Good luck!

Have a successful and happy new year! Come back to visit sometime.

Mon Oct 03, 07:18:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

shalom...bizouncin--bouncing in ebonics.

dani...yes dani, proofread AND POST!! and no, he will not carry the torch. he even says the yanks are not getting part the first round.

Hinda...yay Sox! hehe you're so funny, red plstic...yeah im thinking of something like a baseball, torah something or other. and probably fire in there cuz i love fire and its rather easy. i dontk now we'll figure it out. i hope...

and Hinda, YOU'RE the one who should visit, YOU'RE the one not in Eretz Yisrael...:-)

Mon Oct 03, 03:18:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home