Thursday, September 29, 2005

Wednesday Nights In Yeshiva

Wednesday nights is our free nights, and tonight, pretty much everyone went into town tonight, except like, I don't know, 4 or 5 guys. Ari from Chi-town went to sleep at 7, and just woke up so he can stay up all night to watch the Yankee game (his parents are from NY, so it's ok everybody). So I'm on this computer, Mordy (shana bet) is on the other one, and his phone rings. He picks it up, and says, "Yeah, there are guys here...Yeah Tonny's right here, I'll ask him." He asks me if I wanted to go to R' Kahn's house to watch some tv?" I'm like YEAH BABY! So we went, Mordy, Max and I, took a cab to RBS to rebbe's house (he's my iyun shiur rebbe), shmoozed a little bit while waiting for the pizza to come, it came, we went downstairs, watched 2 episodes of Law & Order. It was awesome! One thing I miss from USA is tv. Not all of it, but like, M*A*S*H, L&O, etc. I told Abba and Peggy that the first thing I'm going to do when I come back to the States is, not say hi I missed you, eat or anything like that. I am going to watch M*A*S*H. I miss that show.
Hockey is back, BHYY. I'm in 2 fantasy hockey leagues (so far...). For fantasy leagues I alwasy pick for the computer to draft--autopick, so I don't have to sit here and whatever else. I got an email from Yahoo saying that my team is ready, so I went to check it out. I got to the league page, and it said, "your league is drafting, click here to join in." So I clicked, and there were 20 minutes left, I was like, dude, that's cool I guess. I tunred out, I had first pick--good and bad. Good because I was able to pick up Martin Brodeur, the best goalie in the world, and bad because the draft went round 1 was picks 1 - 12, then round 2 was 12 - 1, back and forth. Meaning I had picks 1, and then 24 and 25. It's cool to have 2 picks in a row, but, dude, 22 picks went on between my picks, which means that, no one else that was great was left for me to pick. In the end, my other 2 goalies are two backup goalies. *sigh* I'll think of something.
Oh, and R' Lichtman is awesome.
Laila tov vachalamot metukim y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home