Monday, June 20, 2005

Ramblings Before Bed

The following conversation took place at my Tali's bas mitzvah party today (it was lots of fun--I got a sword!)

Rabbi *speaking to everybody*: ...as you're finishing your fruit cup...
Ed: Tonny, you're my favorite fruit cup.
Tonny: Ed, you're my favorite fruit bowl.
Tali spoke today about Rus's chessed. And then she said the last passuk of Rus. Finally she made a Hadran. I didn't know Hadrans existed for things like this.

I played Scrabble on Shabbos afternoon. First game was 1-on-1 me vs Savta. At the end of the game, we were tied, 253 each. Then we both went and both got 18 points--271 each. Then stuff happens (I don't remember what), and in the end, I beat Savta 285-283. It was a lot of fun, let me tell you.
The next game was a 4 person game this time, me vs Savta vs Abba vs Peggy & Tali (they were one team). At one point, I had SARINER in my rack, and I said to myself, there's no way I'm not getting a 7-letter word here, so I was playing around with it, but I had nothing. Then I saw a blank on the board that was already being used as an "N," so I took it (in our family, we play a variation that we can use exchange the letter for the blank, but the blank must be used that turn, or else you have to put it back). I played around, and got RAIDERS (the D is the blank), and I put it in the perfect place--right under a "B" that was on the triple-word score all the way on the right, in the middle of the board, and I got BRAIDERS, for 27 points (9, then times 3 for landing on the bottom-right TWS = 27), and then + 50 (50 point bonus for using all 7 letters) = 77 points, for 156. Abba was still winning though, he had 161. Abba's next turn, he got 24 (I think) giving him 185. Then my turn, I had _IEU (the _ is a blank). I was hoping to put LIEU out somewhere, but I couldn't find a place to put it. But alas, exactly 4 squares under the top-middle TWS there is a "C," so I surrounded it with my "I" & "E," making ICE--but I wasn't done. I then looked at my _U in my hand, and got an idea, I put down the _U in front of the ICE making....JUICE. Since that hit the TWS, that gave me 18 points (6x3 = 18), and since I finished my tiles first, I got everyone's points on their racks form their leftover letters. I got 2 from Savta, 3 from Abba, already giving me 23 points (156 + 23 = 179. Not enough yet to beat Abba with 185), and Peggy gave me....11, giving me 190. BOOYA! I won 2 games in a row BHYY.

Anyone sleeping yet? Eh, whatever....

I like Dani's blog too.

And I like my cousin Yehonatan. He was here for Shabbos. I hope you had fun at the wedding today, Yehonatan.

I love Raymond. Everybody should.

Marie: Robert, this is about you, you do what you want to do.
Ray: Yeah, then when you get married, you do what she [your wife] wants you to do.

Aight, laila tov vachalamot metukim.
Tonny

3 Comments:

Blogger Zalman said...

Wish Tali a Mazel Tov for me. Its too bad I couldn't have been there in person

Mon Jun 20, 11:02:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Hinda said...

I want to play Scrabble! I'm glad you had fun! Mazel Tov on Tali's bas mitzvah!

Mon Jun 20, 11:29:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

Z...sure thing ill tell her.

Hinda...ok, lets play. and ill tell tali you said mt also.

Mon Jun 20, 02:59:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home