Monday, May 29, 2006

Yom Yerushalayim

Only in Yerushalayim...

"Har haBayit b'yadeinu! Har haBayit b'yadeinu!"

Marched from Yeshivat Merkaz HaRav [Kook] in Kiryat Moshe to the Kotel at 230 in the morning. Lots of fun, a little overrated though. The main thing was earlier in the day, the Rikkudegalim, March of Flags. So at 300 about, we got to the Kotel, danced a little, chilled til Vasikin. Minyan took a while; I was davening with Yeshivat Ohr Etziyyon, and they sang and stuff. Eitan though, he said he davened in the stupid minyan, they didn't say Hallel. Why not? "Chassidim." We said Hallel with a bracha. Mamash yafeh. 39 years ago, we recaptured the Kotel, and davening there, wow, it was unbelievable. If only it wasn't just a wall we were davening at, but the Beis HaMikdash itself....
Then I took a bus to Ohr Dovid, and crashed by Ed's. I IMed him Thursday night, I said, Ed I'm crashing by you tomorrow morning. "Ok." So I got there, and I slept on a couch for around 4 hours. Then I woke up, and did the end-of-the-year-family-shopping thing, and let me tell you, by the time I got back to yeshiva at around 430, I was sooo disgusting it was ridiculous. And then I had to do my Erev Shabbos work out, so I got even more disgusting. But boy, I loooooove showers, thank You Lord for letting us come up with that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh, who decided that ur supposed to say hallel on yom yerushalayim. sure it's a great thing that we were able to conquer it and stuff, but i believe it says in the gemara that you're not allowed to add to the times that were established for saying hallel. i agree with the chassidim.

Mon May 29, 05:26:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear anonymous 1, then you must not say hallel on yom ha'atzmaut. And that is probably one of the most important days to say hallel on.

Tue May 30, 04:59:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

anon...it was probably r' shlomo goren who was chief rabbi at the time, so take it up with him.

but i dont think you realize what it means to conquer yerushalayim. if someone has the oppurtunity to buy a house in yerushalayim on shabbos only, and that if after shabbos the offer isnt on the table, he's ALLOWED to be mechalel shabbos to buy this house. and thats only one house! imagine the whole city (well, a nice chunk at least). oh wait, we dont have to, it happened.

so take it up with r' goren.

anon 2...actually, i would think that y"y is most important, because this has halachic implications. well, maybe not, but like, it just seems like it would. i dont think you can be mechalel shabbos to buy a house just in israel. yerushalayim yes, israel no.

peggy...soon soon...

Tue May 30, 08:54:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said one of the most important days to say hallel.

Wed May 31, 01:48:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home