Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Reality, Or Lack There Of, Of It All

"When he's not busy...he can be found injuring himself, but hey, at least he did it while playing sports, he's not just clumsy."

-My yearbook paragraph, written by Gila

On Friday, Kfare called me, asking if i could play on Mevaseret's softball team, to fill in for some guys who couldn't make it. Of course, the baseball (or things of the like, such as softball) lover I am, I quickly said yes.
A few minutes before the game, I'm out practicing at 2nd base, and the sprinklers in center field go on. It wasn't so bad, they weren't in our way so much. But then they turned off and the ones in right field went on, which were in our way. Next we start playing and the one right next to 3rd base goes on, and in this process the whole field got wet. As I was turning 3rd base after my 2nd at-bat (I had singled, driving in 2 runs; finished 2/4, 4 rbi 1 run), I stepped on home plate, and because it was all wet, I slipped and twisted my left ankle on the plate. After about 2 or 3 minutes on the grround, I got up, walked around a little bit, hoping to walk it off. It didn't hurt so much. I ran also, and of course I was slower, but it wasn't so bad, I was still kinda fast I guess. In fact later that inning (we batted around the order and scored 11 runs in the inning; won 20-0 slaughter rule) I got up again, knocked in my 3rd and 4th runs, and ran the bases. And went out back to 2nd base. After the game, it started hurting more and by the time I got to yeshiva, there was a lot of swelling and hurting alot. I wrapped it this morning, went to Terem (emergency room kinda I guess), took xrays, told me it was sprained, they wrapped it, and it's actually not so bad. At Mincha, I was standing normally for Shmoneh Esrei. But still, it's sprained...

Did I mention they were watering fake grass and fake dirt?

And Israelis are complaining about water shortages...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonny,
Hope yor ankle heals soon so you can teach your nephew the finer points of baseball when you see him next!

Wed May 10, 04:09:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home