Sunday, April 23, 2006

More On Eilat

It was loads of fun. Outside of the mall there's a sign that lists all 8 of Eilat's sister cities. I barely knew any of them, like, some place in Hungary, a city in Germany (and no, not the big ones either), etc. Anyway, I realized why the first one listed is Los Angeles. If you want to know why, just think of the similarities, like, temperature throughout the year, and effects that has on, uh, people...
On Sunday Chol Hamo'ed we went on a hike to Amudei Amram (Pillars of Amram) and Kanyon Shchoret (Sh'choret Canyon). Cool pillars, I must say. But as we were going to the Kanyon, a bunch whole group of people in atv's passed by (very rocky road, we had to go slow), around 7 or 8 of them. When we were almost there, my Uncle Kenny decided to park and walk the rest of the way--it would be faster that way. Anyway, we went in, came out, and when I came out, a girl on one of the atv's asked me, "Are you Tonny?"

Me: Yeah.
Her: Tonny Szwarcmer?
Me: Yeah, how do you know me?
Her: I'm in Shifra's class at Maimo, I know you from the picture of the 2 of you in her locker. I hope I'm not scaring you or anything...
Me: No, don't worry.

Soooo weird in the middle of nowhere. But it was cool. I like how people can recognize me like that. Wouldn't you? And it turns out her cousin married someone from Fairfield, Jason's sister. And then I saw her again on the tayelet (boardwalk) in Eilat. I was walking with Ita, and I see these 2 American girls (you can tell, trust me), and as we're walking by the dude in front of them said, "Hey it's you again." I say back Hey whazzup? So this girl (her name is Rebecca) says I spoke to Shifra, she says hi. I thanked her, and then we were too far away to say more.
I also saw Dovid...and his wife Avigayyil. Dovid goes to Ohr Etziyyon, and turned 19 in the beginning of February, and the Tuesday after his birthday, he got married to Avigayyil. Crazy, eh? So I also saw them on the tayelet, spoke to them for a few minutes. Maybe I'll see yo soon Dovid...

So about that hike...yeah it rained for about an hour. On Pesach. In Eilat. Which was NOT supposed to happen. And barely ever happens. But for some reason, it happened anyway. Very weird. Anyway, we were driving, and we saw a rainbow. It was cool, we stopped took some pictures, but I mean, we've seen it before right? But then we're driving again, and then Ita yells, "oh my God a double rainbow!" And we're like wha? And then we look, and we see that 1, the original rainbow is even clearer, and 2, there actually is a second rainbow. It was faint, but it was there and we saw it. We took pictures and whatever, but like, I was wondering if I needed to saya bracha. I mean, come on, when was the last time you saw a double rainbow? I didn't say anything though--didn't know what to say.

Let's go Mets.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bracha on rainbows is "Zocher ha'brit, v'ne'eman b'brito, v'kayam b'ma'amaro."

Sun Apr 23, 10:39:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Rik said...

woah, what guy gets marreid at 19?!!

Mon Apr 24, 12:02:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

anon...yes, i know, thank you. i meant if there was a bracha for seeing the 2nd one in addition to the first, like, idk a shehechiyanu or something.

rik...um, this guy apparently.

Mon Apr 24, 12:08:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there a custom that one shouldn't speak of when one sees a rainbow? I know it's something I've heard before, because the rainbow is the symbol of the promise Hashem made not to destroy the world again, even if it deserved it...so we don't want people to think that the world is at that level...yea...probably knew this? i dunno...

Tho I once did see four rainbows at once....and what about mini rainbows you only see at certain angles and are tiny? what do those symbolize? so many questions..

Mon Apr 24, 07:35:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

b...i dont know what you're talking about, ive never heard it before. but unfortunately, the fact that ive never heard of something doesnt mean anything these days *sigh*.

4 rainbows...thats hot. and anyway, rainbows you can only see at certain angles anyway, so my cousin who takes physics tells me. 42 degrees or something?

Mon Apr 24, 10:35:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tonny,
It's Rebecca. The girl that you met in Eilat! What up? How are you? I have to admit that it def was mad weird seeing and finally meeting you, but it's a small world. If I had known that you wanted to chat more you should've said something. Oh well. Maybe next year?? I heard that you are going into the army. That's pretty sweet. If your online or wanna call me sometime here's my info. Email-Beccaboom91588@aol.com so my aim is the same. Let me know if you'd rather talk on the phone. Hopefully we'll talk soon!!
Peace. Becca

Wed Apr 26, 04:36:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home