Sunday, April 09, 2006

To Be Or Not To Be...?

I was walking back to my cousins house from Ohr Dovid seeing Ed, and it dawned on me that really "feel better" doesn't mean so much. Well, obviously, yeah you're wishing someone that they feel better. But we can do better than that. Just because one feels better doesn't mean they are better. Therefore, the new phrase should be: "Be better?"

Dude 1: Hey how are you doing?
Dude 2: BH alright, I'm sick.
Dude 1: Oh, with what?
Dude 2: Fever, headache, stomach virus.
Dude 1: Oh man be better dude.

See? Substitute "feel" for "be" for a second. No where does he say he should actually be better, just feel better. Here he's saying he should actually be better.

Maybe we can change things. From now on, say "be better." Hey, if enough people do it, it can spread far and wide. And far...

Let's go Mets (had to throw that in there).

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shavu'a tov - which cousin was it?

Sun Apr 09, 03:49:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

uh, your sister...

Mon Apr 10, 02:34:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, my sister is your cousin?? You mean, I'm sure, my sister's daughter, right?

Tue Apr 11, 07:00:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Hinda said...

Man, you have a lot of time to think about stuff. The phenomenon of "feel better". So deep, I'm drowning in it. Hehe.

I hope you're enjoying your Pesach!

Sun Apr 16, 06:43:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home