Friday, August 12, 2005

Reelin' From The Highlight Reel

So I'm going through the Mets' highlight reel now, and I came across this catch by Mets 3b, David Wright. I have wanted to see it, but haven't been able to (no ESPN). I remember listening to The Fan (WFAN 660 am) and everyone was comparing Wright's catch to Derek Jeter's catch on July 1, '04, vs the Red Sox. Michael Kay thinks that Jeter's is the greatest catch ever in baseball. I beg to differ. If you see, Jeter catches the ball, what, 2 or 3 steps before the foul line, which is around I would say 10 feet from the stands? Anyway, for some reason, because he Supermaned it into the stands, they think, oh, greatest catch ever. But it's not folks, it's just your routine running catch, with a ride. Wright's catch on the other hand, he stopped, and THEN he flew into the stands, AND catching it there, not just catching it and then going into the stands.

So, what do you think? Which one is better? I personally, of course, like Wright's better.

God, I HATE stupid Yankee fans (and because most of them are frontrunners, most of them are stupid).

Lord save us please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home