Friday, August 12, 2005

"[Beltran] Caught The Ball! He Brought It Back!"

No matter how many times I see it, the homerun-saving-catch still amazes me, and is probably the most exciting play in baseball.

Beltran robs Molina

Taguchi robs Aurillia

Jones leaping grab (ok, so it doesn't save a hr, but it's the same idea)

Hunter robs Inge

Ford robs Millar (anyone wondering why I have the whole Minnesota outfield here?)

Finley taking one from Mauer

Palmeiro robs Dunn

Swisher taking a HR away

Kielty from Matthews Jr

I must say, in person, they look sooo much better. on July 31, 2001, I was at the Reds-Dodgers game in LA, and Jr Griffey robbed Shawn Green of a homerun, and let me tell you, it was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my entire life. He just went up there and said, I don't think so, Shawn.

I'm try to find (but to no avail) Brian Giles catch in 2003, I remember it was against Cleveland (or maybe Philladelphia...?). That seriously is the best play I have ever seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home