Monday, February 28, 2005

In The City...

So at around 430, Sara Adina and her mother picked me up for supper, taking me out for my birthday. So that was nice. Free food is always good. It wasn't just us though, it was also like, theyre cousins or something, or sister and a cousin? I'm not sure, but one of them is a rabbi, and the other one isn't Jewish and at Columbia. Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention they're both girls..oh well. So I had to decide between ribs and schwarma, I didn't know what to have. So the waitress dude had an idea, get the ribs as an appitizer. I was like sweet, because, you know, usually you don't get ribs as appitizers. So that was cool. I also had chicken soup with kreplach, and that was hot, that was nice. But the schwarma was rather annoying, I mean, it wasn't a laffa, even though the bread was really good anyway, the israeli salad kept falling out. And seriously, dude, that's annoying. But whatever, it was really nice and thank SA and her mother so much. And not only that, they got me a cake too. It was chocolate. Eh. Even though I don't really like chocolate cake too much, this one was actually not bad. So we finished at like, 645, 650, they went to their show, and I walked to Stern to take the shuttle...while carrying the cake. My hands got freezing. Whatever. So I called Ariela, but I had to leave a message, she was studying or something. So I got there, and I gave the lady my ID for my spot on the shuttle. So I gave her my ID, and while I was going into the lounge, Hinda came in. YAY!! Ariela wasn't there, but at least Hinda kept me company. YAY!! That's the 2nd time we just happened to run into each other (no, not literally) at Brookdale. So we talked til 715 when the shuttle was supposed to leave. So I was going to get my ID from the guard, and she's like, you can't go on, you're high school. I'm like what? She says high school can't go on. I'm like dude, I'm in the dorm uptown, why not? So she's like no, you can't, no high school. I'm like, ok fine. So I'm going into the lounge, and shes's like if you want to go into the lounge, you have to leave your ID out here with me (which I did NOT have to do last time), so I say ok then, I'm going outside. So i go outside, like outside of the building, on the otehr side of the doors than the guard is on, call one of my dorm councelors, and I'm like dude, she's not letting me get on. So I go back in so Michael can talk to her. When I go in, the guard asks for my ID, I'm like dude, I just came out, you saw me come out, and he's like, ID? So I'm like, yeha whatever screw you. So he talked to her, and she said she'd call some people. So she called some people, I waited in the lounge, Ariela came which was good, and then they called me, she's like I'll let you go this one time, but next time, you can't. I didn't even know there WAS a dorm for the high school, so I'm thinking, well, then you're an idiot. Whatever. So I thanked her, she kept my ID while I went into the lounge, and Ariela and I talked about the thing. Yes DJ, the thing. And then at 8, they called for the midtown shuttle, I got on, thanked her, and got back to YU at around 830. As I texted Ariela, I'm scared to look what the cake looks like after that mad crazy bumpy ride. It's 950, I got back over an hour ago, and I still havent looked at it yet. I got it, and put it in the fridge. And now I'm here.
All in all, it was fun today. I mean, seriously, waiting at Stern isn't the worst thing in the world, you know? :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Schwarzmer Family said...

Dude - glad you had fun - got me a blog - Http://ShemenRaanan.Blogspot.com

Mon Feb 28, 05:40:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Hinda said...

Craziness man. Next time I'll let you use my ID to get on the shuttle. I wonder what they would say to THAT one. I'm glad you made it back in one piece...even if the cake didn't. Too bad about the forks. I guess it was a message from Hashem...

Mon Feb 28, 08:43:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Special Ed said...

hangin out at stern is always fun :)

Mon Feb 28, 11:06:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

:-) yes, ed...

Mon Feb 28, 11:09:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude - you know how MTA guys keep warm during the winter? Central heating...

Sun Mar 06, 03:41:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home