Sunday, February 20, 2005

I Don't Get It...

So I was flipping through the channels, about an hour ago, and I stopped at this old guy with white hair and a 12 o'clock shadow, preaching about sacrifices in the Tabernacle, and something about the sin offering, and the covers, "capheriths" (the Hebrew letters in his handwriting was quite funny. He was even trying to see connections between words in the Torah, and words in the new testament...) and whatever else, and then he said one of the stupidest things I've ever heard in my life. He said, that "Abraham" and "David" were sinners, and they did not deserve to go to Heaven, but they did, why? Must have been because of faith. They weren't perfect, so it must have been faith that brought them there. What a retard. Which means that they didn't need to do anything, just have faith. Well, if I'm not mistaken, which I don't think I am (although, if I am PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE correct me), that HaShem gave us the Torah to DO stuff. If we DO the stuff in the Torah, we'll be in good shape, that's what HaShem told us. But not, Jesus knows more, we only need faith. I mean, of course, we should try to be like HaShem, ie. perfect, but we all know that won't happen, with all apologies to Yishai, Dovid HaMelech's father who, if I'm correct, did not do any aveiros (sins) in his life. HaShem forgives us if we are sincere. We go to hell for a bit, but then we rise up to Shamayim. Besides, what "sin" did Avraham do anyway? HaShem told him, leave, and go there. Avraham did that, and then kept the Torah. The biggest ba'al chessed in the world. Dovid HaMelech, ok fine, we know what he did, but he wrote the freakim Tehilim (Psalms). HaShem wouldn't have even thought of having anyone not worthy write something like Tehilim. His son Shlomo HaMelech built the Beis HaMikdash, the "thing" (like the Beis HaMikdash is just a thing...) we've been wanting to rebuild for the last 1900+ years. Oy vavoy...
And then I flipped to something else, a bunch of reverends (some women too) sitting around, talking about dealing with disappointment. And then he says something like, when God does something we don't like, God disappoints us, He breaks the covenant. Uh, dude, He made it, it and the whole freakin world, don't you think, if He broke it, He had a reason, namely, US breaking it...?
I just don't get Christians. Don't get me wrong, a lot of them are fine fine people, my neighbors are Christian, and they're really nice, but they're religion boggles the mind. I mean, come on, they think they Jesus was born with no father. Are you kidding me? They must fall for everything...
For some reason, I find it funny that they're god is a Jewish man...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were watching the davening channel! My abba likes to make fun of the davening channel. He says the men on the davening channel are funny. Ima says why have comedy central when you have the davening channel.

Love and sloppy kisses,
Babynate

Mon Feb 21, 12:31:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home