Friday, February 25, 2005

My Cousin's Wedding, My Birthday...

So yes, Wednesday the 23rd WAS my birthday, I turned 18. Mad crazy, right? Well, if you know me, turning 18 is so unlike me. Anyway, it was good. It started Tues night, sort of, Abba, Peggy, Tali and Reni, on their way home from B'klyn, stopped off in The Heights and we ate at Revaya, and they gave me $50 to spend at the Sfarim Sale! WEE! And a card and whatever else. That was fun. Thank you everybody for calling me and for the birthday wishes--BAdina, Talia Eli7 and Malkah, Me'ir (even though I called you, but whatever...). A few of you called like right after midnight. I called Me'ir because, as I said, it was his birthday day too. So the day was aight, I didn't do anything special, except skip history, because we can on our birthday, so I went to Psych that period, instead of my usual period, so I finished at 430, instead of 515. Gila called me, that was cool. Then I had to get ready for my 2nd-cousin's wedding!! Weeee!! It was soooo fun, dancing was crazy. And I saw a lot of people. But it sucked because Abba said we have to go, and not even 5 seconds later, the music for the 2nd dance started. So I went to go dance, but Abba's like, no. :-( So I went to go meet my cousin, Aryeh Leib, and he's awesome, he's soooo cool. So in the end, Abba said I could dance for 5 minutes, so I danced with A.L. for like, 2 and a 1/2 seconds, that was cool. But again, it sucked, because we were "getting ready to leave" like going to the bathroom, coats, etc. and I could have been dancing the whole time. And then we were waiting for like, 10 - 15 minutes outside for our car--and that was BEFORE the valet people took our keys. *SIGH* AND I could hear the music right outside, I was very very annoyed and frustrated. And yes, Abba and Peggy knew it. "It's getting late." Yeah, whatever. So it was cool, I got 4 voicemails during the first dance, 3 from Notowiches, and 1 from Ariela. Tziporah left one, and Rivka two. So I called Ariela back outside, that was nice. Then I called DJ, that was cool because I haven't talked to her since last week. Then I called Bex, that was fun too. And THEN the car came...OY. And then Rivka called while we were in the car, and I talked to her for a few minutes, and told me that "maccaroni" used to mean cool (hence, "stuck a feather in his cap and called it maccaroni...). I was like, that's soooo maccaroni! And then I spoke to Tziporah for a few minutes, and all that was fun because I haven't spoken to either of them in a while. :-( But then I spoke to them, YAY! And I came back, and that was my birthday.
So now I'm waiting to hear back from Yoni if I can get a ride with him to Teaneack, if he has room for me, because if not, I have to find Itamar and that probably isn't happening. So that means I'll get stuck here, which isn't the worst, but like, I don't have anywhere to eat--and I'm NOT spending $15 to buy the meal plan thing, I don't have enough money. So I would have to ask people to eat by, and that's just annoying, you know?


Aight, I'm going to bounce, have an awesome awesome Shabbos y'all!

Tonny

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I sent birthday wishes, too! (Annoyed the heck out of my Spanish and Psychology teachers, text messaging in class- though they weren't quite sure what I was doing behind my notebook...)

Sun Feb 27, 03:25:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

ed, what draft are you talking about?
and yes, sorry SA, you did also....KN

Sun Feb 27, 04:01:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1st and foremost - _THE_ 'Draft'... as in the military draft. Now that you're 18, you are somewhat halachically suggested to register for it. You should at least show ome slidarity in/with/for the country you live in.

2nd and more foremost -
Happy BIRTHDAY! i know i didn't call - i did a double-shift at work. And it's not like i did fun stuff like make brownies or cake. i started work making breakfast at 0615, also doing most of my baking, finishing that by 0800. Then, i did more baking, made baked custard for 75, 100 eclairs, and 2.5 apple-walnut cobblers(that includes making 2.5 cake batters to put on top of the apple-walnut stuff). THEN, i got to wash dishes for breakfast, lunch, and supper. Yeah - we're still short a b/fast cook, lunch cook, and we have no dishwashers. One never bothered, and is now in rehab. The other had surgery, has been out for 5 weeks, and comes back tomorrow. i got home from work after 1730. i went to get the baby at 1615, 15 minutes late, then went food shopping (do i do anything else??), then came home. i was so poop-ed. i'm really sorry i didn't call. But i did send you mad weird stuff for your birthday. Did i hear a thank you?? J/K Later and HappY! BTW - you're now old enough to drink [in most states] - keep that in mind.

- - - - - 'i-nan

Sun Feb 27, 05:10:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home