Friday, January 21, 2005

Brooklyn Take II

We went to Brooklyn today. BH the car was ok, it didn't die today. In the end, the car needed a fuel pump. "There is no warning signs for it--it just gets dead." Thats from Peggy. So Brooklyn was nice; we picked up a friend of Rivka's from St Louis, she hung out with us. She was cool. We had pizza, hung out at 13th Ave for a little, Eichlers and such, then went back to Peggy's work thing. She got these 6 scarves for free at a store...long story. So Rivka and her friend Chani were playing with them, covering their hair. They looked cute. And I was learning for the Mishnayos Incentive Quiz at the Preeminent Modern Orthodox School of Excellence (again, no it's not mine, I'm not that original or funny--that's from Rabbi Avraham Bronstein, my JH teacher)--you could get up to $50 for the YU SOY Sfarim Sale. And then with the shiur learning thing, I could theoretically get $100 for the Sfarim Sale, all free, not using 1 cent of my own money BH. The cheap Jew I am....Of course I could also get a chavrusa with one of, if not the, gedolei hador, R' Hershel Schechter, since my rebbe has connections and all (my rebbe is his son in law)....that would also be hot. So then we dropped off Chani in Flatbush, and then we went to the airport. I hate it when any of the Notowiches leave. Yeah yeah, I know, don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened, yeah I know. But like, even though they come often, usually at the beginning and end of the summer, they usually go to camp in NY so they can stop here. But Rivka is going to Memphis for the summer, and I would like to see her, if not all of the Notowiches, before I go to EY (iyH). So that was sad a little. I love her so much. I love all of them so much, they're mamash like sisters to me, it's great. And of course Peggy cried when Rivka left....but then we saw one of Peggy's old friends with 3 of her daughters, and hung out while they waited for their son to come back from FL--I wanted to meet him because he's going to be starting YU on Mon after a year and a 1/2 at OJ. And then we left, went to Maariv, then came home.
I want to go to St Louis....
But now I'm home. Chaval, it's not near St Louis.
LA, Miami, Boston, Yerushalayim--I wouldn't mind going to those places either. But don't make me pick, I seriously wouldn't know where to go first.
I have an appointment tomorrow.
DJ, hang in there...
Ed, I bet you're going to major in philosophy. Hehehehe....
Peggy just told me that ER is listed to start at 959 tonight....Yeah, ok, whatever.....stupid TV people.....
Aight, laila tov vachalamot metukim y'all.
KN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home