Wednesday, January 24, 2007

And Here We Go

Well, tomorrow's the day.

The last time I paid full price for a bus was last Thursday (more on that later). Won't again for about 4 years.

Yup. Tomorrow I [officially] become an Israeli soldier.

But it doesn't really mean anything -- I'm still in yeshiva, I'm not training, and I won't even have my uniform yet.

So don't worry about me yet.

Last Thursday though was crazy. I ended having to do the health part of the army interview again. My profile had to be closed by Thursday for me to be mit'chayeil (the becoming-a-soldier-but-not-really thing I'm doing) tomorrow. But I needed to give in 2 things: 10 measurements for 10 straight days (1 a day) of my pulse and blood pressure, and a color blind test. Both stupid. The color blind test I did the first time, but she didn't write it down, and the pulse thing: the doctor wrote down my pulse was 40. Clearly wasn't. I sent in the b.p./pulse, but wasn't able to do the c.b. test, so Thursday I was running around trying to do it, when Yedidyah (guy in yeshiva who's been taking care of my army stuff -- Thanks Yedidyah!) called and said, drop what you're doing and go to Yerushalayim NOW to do your health stuff again, and don't leave til you have your profile. So I did, and I did the physical again, and my profile is 97. Kravi. Not a desk job.

Yesterday in yeshiva one of the rebbeim talked to us who are going in March, telling us about what we need to do to get ready for the army. And telling us a little about the shiurim. It's going to be intense: from after Purim, til March 17 about, we're going to be having around 3 shiurim a day, 3 times a week. Or something like that. A lot. Emunah, halachah, and something I can't remember. And then March 21 we start...

Come visit.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, let's work something out, buddy...

Thu Jan 25, 08:55:00 AM 2007  
Blogger Sholom said...

Have you heard of the STFUAGH solution for world peace?

Thu Jan 25, 04:57:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home