Thursday, October 26, 2006

Back At Zanoach

No, don't worry, just here for tonight -- I need to get some stuff, and I'm on my way to Efrat. I got a ride from a guy in the Ohr Etziyyon who actually lives in Efrat (but I needed to come back to Yesodei) and he dropped me off, he said, "everyone who goes here go to Beit Shemesh." So I started walking, 10 seconds later a car comes, flag it down, and he brings me right to the path to go to Zanoach. And I might get a free ride to Yerushalayim tomorrow too...

Ohr Etziyyon is really good. One thing I love: Ovadyah, a shiur vav guy (6th year), BLASTS Jewish Music in the morning. I love it. Wake up to Shwekey, its' chill. You don't get that everywhere.

I feel my hebrew improving. It's still a little hard, but I'm getting there. I speak Ivrit most of the day--although surprisingly there are a lot of English speakers there (a lot of guys who are sons of those who made aliyyah, or made aliyyah when they were young)--all my chavrusos are in Ivrit. All my roomates are Israeli. There's an American from MTA actually, it's pretty cool.

Food's ok. Breakfast isn't god at all. I have tomatoes everyday for breakfast, that's it. Lunch and dinner isn't so bad. Oily.

There's shiur in here, so I'm going to bounce. Email me. Call me. Whatever you want.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Breakfast isn't god at all."
an incredible break breakthrough but you might need a few more yrs in yeshiva.
"all my chavrusos are in Ivrit"
pick a nusach man! cant do both. whos the MTA guy? good shabbos!

Fri Oct 27, 02:56:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Special Ed said...

i love seeing two foreigners argue over the proper way to speak english. it's classicly funny

Tue Oct 31, 07:06:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home