Thursday, February 23, 2006

Happy Birthday To....Me

The Gemara in Sanhendrin 94a says that King Chizkiyahu would have been Maschi'ach, but he didn't give hoda'a (thanks) to HaShem for healing him from his sickness, so he wasn't Maschi'ach.

Can you imagne? If it he had done something small like giving thanks to HaShem, all of our suffering today, it would seem, wouldn't have happened as we all would be in Eretz Yisrael now with peace in the world?

I say it's a small thing, but apparently it looks like it's not. Therefore, I would like to thank HaShem for letting me live for 19 healthy years, with not such a bad life, all in all. And I hope You, HaShem, let me live another 101 healthy years, in order to serve you in the best way possible, and to bring kavod (honor) to Your Name.

And thank you to all of you in my life who have helped make it what it is.

And Thank You God.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome! :-)

Thu Feb 23, 10:34:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Rik said...

Happy Birth day to you!

Fri Feb 24, 06:32:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home