Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Truly Heart Stopping

I in no way wish bad to him, and I hope he has a refu'ah shleimah (full recovery), but this is just funny and waaay too much (and we all know how much I love sports):

Fan had heart attack seconds after Bettis fumble

Talk about a heart-stopping game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and Indianapolis Colts.

Terry O'Neill, 50, of Pittsburgh, was watching the game at a bar and had a heart attack seconds after Jerome Bettis fumbled trying to score from the 2-yard line late in the fourth quarter. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger prevented the Colts' Nick Harper from returning the recovered ball for a touchdown and the Steelers hung on for a 21-18 win.

"I wasn't upset that the Steelers might lose," he said. "I was upset because I didn't want to see him end his career like that. A guy like that deserves better. I guess it was a little too much for me to handle."

"Too much to handle..." You don't say....?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that fumble. And as indifferent as I was to the outcome of that particular game (No Giants, no Pats - who cares?), even I was shocked by that fumble and turnover. I thought the Colts would win it for sure. But it was not to be. You know - it ain't over 'til yada, yada...

Wed Jan 18, 06:31:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home