Monday, May 16, 2005

Shabbos At YU

Shabbos afternoon at YU in three words: Settlers of Catan...
Right so I didn't do that Shabbos afternoon, but I did watch a few minutes of it. I must say, it's...very competetive. So Friday night I was at Devora's! Weeeeeee! That was fun. And then Shabbos lunch I was at my uncle's and aunt's (also on the otehr side), with another young couple who just got married who went to harvard together with my uncle's and aunt's oldest daughter. They were nice, AND the wife thought I was funny! Weee! Yeah funny! And Schwarzmer humor!! It actually gets me something...wow, whoda thunk? .... Anyway, after lunch, I played Scrabble against my aunt, and she beat me by like, 30 or 40 points, and then I played my uncle, who beat me by 6 points, 316 - 310. (I broke 300! WEEEEE!) I got a 7 letter word, equated for 93 points. That was sooo CLUTCH!
Then I came back to the YU side, talked with Rebbe for a bit (he was out walking with the mishpacha), and the following, among other stuff, ensued:
Tonny: I'm almost done with [Seder] Nashim, and I might do either Nezikin or Zera'im next.
Rebbe: Oooh, weeds...
Tonny: Rebbe, you know us MTA boys, women and drugs.
Hehehe...
So then I watched Josh Wilk and his son of 2 years old beat a dude at Backgammon. Josh's son was roling him whatever he needed, it was very cool, and he's sooo cute!
I then went up to learn a bit, Nedarim, finishing the 4th (or 5th...?) perek. Minchaed, then went to the other side for shaloshudes by the Eli[e]'s. That was fun. Then Maariv at Har Sinai, saw Yoseif Weinstock, that was cool. Saw Max Davis, which was funny because he's Dani Steiglitz's roommate...
Then went back to the Eli[e]'s, and then went back to DJ's to get my chapstick and see what they were doing. Ended up we went to Golan, I got a shwarma laffa (yes Ed, it was for you), DJ got a shwarma plate, and Hinda and Chaia got pizza from Time Out (aka Slime Out by Rabbi Schimmel).
It was so annoying, sometime on Shabbos afternoon, a few of my eye lashes entered my eye, and I couldn't get them out til like, 1200 on Motzash, or sometime close to that time. By the time I got it out, the bottom-right of my eye had blood visible there, and has been there all day today.
Speaking of today, I hung out with BethAnne! Weeeee! That was so fun. We have to do that again Beth. AND COME TO NER'S REGIONAL!!
We also visited BAdina! Weeeee! YAY BADINA!! I love you BAdina!! Don't worry, I'll get you those cds soon. Actually, if you want to borrow any other of my cds, please please please just ask me, and you'll get them.
And today (May 16--hey, it's past midnight) we start out new schedule! Out by 345. Can anyone say, "extra learning?"
Yeah learning! Yeah Torah!
YEAH NASHIM!! ;-)
Aight, laila tov vachalamot metukim. I love y'all.
Love
Tonny
ps - Oh yeah, so Fri night, Hinda and I were walking back to Har Sinai to see if Dovid Green was there to invite him for dessert, and a group of like, 5 guys passed us, and I was like, "Good Shabbos y'all." And all of them were like, "Y'all??" One dude yelled back, "You from Texas?" I'm like, "maybe..." Oy...stupid people, "y'all" is sooo much easier than saying "everybody," or, "you all." EVERYBODY should say "y'all!"

5 Comments:

Blogger Dani B. said...

I agree with you completly on the word y'all. Only snotty NYer YU ppl wouldn't use the word y'all.

Mon May 16, 01:22:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Special Ed said...

your an idiot for sayin y'all

Mon May 16, 05:04:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

dani...thank you.

ed...youre an idiot for saying im an idiot for saying yall.

Tue May 17, 12:53:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Schwarzmer Family said...

((See COmment above by SMP)) *Dude*, she's making fun of you. It's making me want to hurl...

Mon May 23, 12:31:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Schwarzmer Family said...

Actually, she has a point. Take, for example, the following conversation. Call me if you get it. i want to hear you laughing your @$$ off.

"M R Dux"!
"R Not!"
"R2! CM Wangs?"

Also, See J. Foxworthy "Suth'ner Dik-shnary" Ref. Ibid. "Jeet-Yet?
Ywantoo?"

Mon May 23, 12:35:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home