Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Lean On Me

So no, my body temp was NOT at 98.6 the entire yomtov, it went up to 102 something, then down to like 101.8, then 101.4, then 100.4, up to 101.2, etc., throughout yomtov. Because of this, I reread quite a few of my old books that I used to read when I was younger, mainly, my Star Trek: The Next Generation Starfleet Academy books. These books are about the cast of ST:TNG when they were, of course, in the Academy. Great books. Well, I think so. Although, usually that's nothing special when I think something....
You know how when you read a book more than once, each time you read it you find something new about the book? So yesterday was my day for that, because I'm older and more mature (we hope) than I when I first read these, and can think outside of the box and apply stuff to other things.
At one point in the book, there's a tidal wave (intruder alert stuff) inside the underground base that was found, and the 8 Humans/Klingons/Brikars that were there were going all around, drowning, etc. and everything that happens to a dude in a tidal wave. During the tidal wave, a few of the people were saved by one of their fellow cadets--he was submerged under water (he is not human, he is Brikar, who can stay submerged for a while), and they stood on him to get above the water and get some air. After it had died down (of course, it was Star Trek, so it ended for the better, someone shot at the grates in the floor and the water went back into the holding tanks), one person made a comment, "I hope Worf and K'Ehleyr are ok," to which Kodash, a fellow Klingon, responds, "They are both Klingon, that is enough to ensure survival." So Zak, the Brikar who saved everybody, including Kodash, said back to him, "Although having someone to stand on apparently doesn ot hurt."
I read that and I thought, wow, how true that is. And not just in tidal waves, but in life too. No matter how strong we are emotionally, we always need friends to be there for us for us to stand on to help us get air. You can't do it yourselves, as Pirkei Avos points out in 1:6, "k'neih licha chaver--buy for yourself a friend." Why buy? So answer is, if you don't have any friends, you hsould even buy one. This shows how important friends are. Having people to stand on--or at least lean on.
I want to thank all of my friends who are there for me to lean--and stand--on.
Thank you. I love you all.
Love
Tonny

2 Comments:

Blogger Hinda said...

You're welcome! :)
You can learn a lesson from anything!

Wed Apr 27, 12:09:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

:-)
this is true, learn lessons from anything, and make anything from lessons...that made absolutetly no sense.

Wed Apr 27, 12:54:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home