Thursday, February 10, 2005

Bechinos

So today I had two bechinos interview things. The first with Yesodei HaTorah (that's Rabbi Pesach Wolicki's yeshiva; R' Scott Kahn also), which was with R' Scott. It was sooo comfortable, like not even funny. R' Wolicki has told R' Scott about me, and I've heard about him before, so it was cool to meet him. It was great though, I mean, for crying out loud, we were talking in baseball for a little bit, you know? It was awesome. So we shmoozed, then we learned a little bit. I know I'm in though. R' Wolicki knows me, and what kind of a kid I am, so I didn't need to be interviewed, but like, you know, it wouldn't be fair. So I know I', definately in at least 1 of the 5 or 6 yeshivos I'm having interviews with/applied to. So I don't have to go straight into Tzahal next year, that'll wait til shana beis...or am I kidding...?
Then was Mevaseret. That was really good also. It went really well. I had R' Yedidya. That's the Rosh Yeshiva's nephew. He liked me I hear. Yoni, one of the many beis medrash guys I knowm spoke to him after all of them were done, and R' Yedidya asked him who he knew, and Yoni said me. And then R' Yedidya said he liked me. SCORE! I even sang for him. Atah Nigleisa--the beginning of the Shofros bracha during Mussaf on Rosh HaShana. I asked him if I'd be able to daven Yamim Nora'im, and he said they send 10 guys to an old age home nearby so they'd have a minyan, and he asked what I'd prefer, and I said Mussaf, because of the niggunim--Hineni, and my whole family thing with Atah Nigleisa. So he's like, "Oh, let me hear?" So I sang for him a little bit. That was cool. And I also told him I do shechita. So, yeah, it went well. Now I have Toras Shraga tomorrow at 1000. And that's my last one, and if not, last one for awhile.
Wow, this is crazy. Picking my future pretty much...what does everyone think? Where should I go?

Kerem B'Yavneh
Yesodei HaTorah
Yeshivas Sha'arei Mevaseret Tzion
Toras Shraga
Ohr Dovid
Netiv Aryeh


Where should I go?

Laila tov vachalamot metukim y'all!

Tonny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home