Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Up The Ladder

Today I got to the motel, and my boss tells me, "take the ladder, go on the roof, and paint the triangle black, and the bottom white." WOAH NELLY! ON THE ROOF! I thought that was awesome...until I got to the 2nd ladder. You see, the motel has 2 roofs to the main building; 1 on top of the rooms connected to the lobby, and another 1, on top of the rooms that are on top of the lobby. So I need 2 ladders to go ALL the way on top. That second ladder though, didn't look sturdy, and right when you get up there, a chimney is right there, so you have to hang on for dear life while you hug it so you don't fall off, and turn and switch hands and all that jazz. I wasn't scared, of course, I mean, I'm a guy, guys don't get scared, but I was let's just say concerned for my safety. Not because though, oh, I could fall off if I'm not careful, but because if He wanted, HaShem could have had me fall off, have the ladder move, anything of that sort, and I'd get hurt badly. Now if there was anything for HaShem to say, I want Tonny dead, that's what I was concerned about. Everytime I went up, I just said to myself, Oh Lord, please don't let me fall. I didn't know if I had been worthy or not to be saved--or at least, not made dead. I guess I was worthy, and I thanked the Lord a TON.

Don't waste any of your life. It could be taken away if you're not careful with it...

3 Comments:

Blogger Zalman said...

Statistically someone has to fall sometime. If you have to thank the lord for how he saved you from not falling, aren't you also thanking him for making someone else fall one time so that it wasn't you who ended up taking the plunge?

Wed Aug 24, 03:16:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Special Ed said...

jesus g tonny. you're ego is about the biggest one I've ever seen. With all the lousy stuff going on in the world you think he cares whether you fall down a ladder? thats the least of his problems when r u gonna grow up and realize the world doesn't revolve around u

Thu Aug 25, 06:03:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

z...no thats not true. the Lord just says, he deserves it, he doesnt deserve it and so on. i guess i didnt deserve it, BHYY.

ed...its not true, the world DOES revolve around me. peggy even says so, she alwasy goes. "*puts up finger (no not middle finger...)* tonny, *then circles that with her other finger* world." hence, the world revolves around me. and besdies, bishvili nivra haolam.

so there *sticks out toungue*

Fri Aug 26, 07:05:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home