Thursday, March 03, 2005

Baruch Dayan Ha'Emes--Blessed is The True Judge

No, this is real this time, chaval. Recently, two people who I am connected to were niftar. I don't know them, I'm just connected---I know people who know/are related to them. One of them was niftar yesterday afternoon. She had a kind of cancer, and was in her late 30's - early 40's I'm told.
The second one, actually happened President's Weekend. A freshman at MTA, was home on Friday, and his father hadn't come home yet. So he went to shul, whatever, thinking he'd be home soon. He came home, and his father wasn't there yet. His mother asked where he was, and he said he didn't know, so they went looking for him. The kid went down to the garage (I think they live in an apt building, though I'm not sure), and his father's car was there, so he went closer. He looked in, and saw his father sitting there, engine off. They called Hatzalah, but he had already left us.
When you hear stuff like this (well, me at least), I'm just like, Dude, Lord, why? I mean, definately I have bitachon and emunah that it was best, and I know I don't understand it, but in the first reaction, it's just like, Dude, Lord, what are You doing? That's not supposed to happen, they're supposed to live til 120, happy families, everyone's happy, and that's it.
But if it were like that, then what's the point of being here in the world? We were all put here for a reason--to grow as people, and ovdei HaShem (servants of God), and the only way to do it is through these tests--nisyonos. We grow through them. That's the only reason why we get them. And not only that, we only get ones HaShem knows we can pass. Imagine if we passed all of them, where we would be by now...you can do it. I know you can.

Laila tov vachalamot metukim.
Tonny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home