Thursday, July 20, 2006

So, What Am I?

Left Wing Modern Orthodox: 39%
Right Wing Modern Orthodox: 63%
Left Wing Yeshivish/Chareidi: 61%
Right Wing Yeshivish/Chareidi: 38%

This means you're: Huh?

What does it mean?
I give up. What are you?


NerdTests.com User Test: The Orthodoxy  Test.

Comparison Summary:
Of the 6197 unique test takers...

For: Left Wing Modern Orthodox
43% scored higher, and 56% scored lower.
The average Raw Score is: 29.0, your's was: 32.


For: Right Wing Modern Orthodox
48% scored higher, and 49% scored lower.
The average Raw Score is: 43.8, your's was: 46.


For: Left Wing Yeshivish/Chareidi
43% scored higher, and 54% scored lower.
The average Raw Score is: 39.9, your's was: 43.


For: Right Wing Yeshivish/Chareidi
35% scored higher, and 63% scored lower.
The average Raw Score is: 25.4, your's was: 30.
------------------------------

Someone asked me, "So, what do you consider yourself? Modern Orthodox? Yeshivish?" And I responded back, "I consider myself Shomer Torah Umitzvos." He says back, "No seriously." I respond, "I am serious. My belief system isn't fully in anything -- some things I lean towards MO, others toward Yeshivish." I straddle both of them so to speak.
The Torah doesn't care what you call yourself, just do the mitzvos. HaShem didn't create the Torah and say, "be Orthodox." He just said, "keep my mitzvos." I do the best I can.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm really impressed, my goal in life is to be undefinable and I still wound up on that test as right wing modern orthdox. and I thought my answers were pretty liberal too.... Good for you for not fitting into a box. And the 2nd half of the post was very well said. Nice post.

Thu Jul 20, 02:16:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

thank you, i try.

Sun Jul 23, 06:04:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home