Wednesday, July 27, 2005

"We Love You!"

Let me tell you, it feels really good to hear that--from whoever it is.
Last night we went to Kosher Express (the new chinese place in New Haven) for Reni's birthday. Good food, I must say. Their duck was really good. It was fun too, Ed came....yes Ed, the special sauce is brown...Oh gosh....:

Abba: Excuse me, what's the special sauce?
Waiter: The brown sauce.

Ed and I were DYING, and we couldn't stop laughing. We were gone. Laughing for at least 5 minutes. BH I stopped when it was time for me to order. Ed's father came around the parking lot again, so we went out to say hi (he was in their van) and Ed's tells him the story, so he gets to, and his father asked what's the brown sauce? Can you guess what he said? So by now even in retelling it, we're both DYING, and his father goes, "Oh s***..." and then I start laughing even more, and Ed says, the brown sauce. Oh...good times Ed, good times.
Hehe, Krispy Beef....
Then Kronik came in with Lapidus and some other dude. That was cool.
After that, we went to Wal*mart, got some stuff (I got another cool fire tie--Peggy paid for it so I wouldn't wear the dragon one again. Hehe). When we were leaving, we went to our car, and we were right next to this nice African American family. We were talking a little, Peggy said something about switching cars with them--they had a new suv. They asked how was I, I think, and I said, God Bless (instead of BH), and they go, oh, we're pastors from Nigeria. And I say, well, we're Jewish. And the lady just like, goes nuts like Oh my God we love you! Shalom, nice to meet you, and she shook my hand and Abbas hand. She was sooooo excited to meet us, it was nice. I said to her, it was nice that to be reminded that not everyone hates us.

And it really is. You get all this Jew-hater stuff from, uh, everywhere, you think no one likes us. Arabs STILL killing us, Tony Blair blaming the attacks on Israel (surprise surprise...), Arabs STILL killing us, you'd think, is anyone with us anymore? America is, but like, I don't know, for some reason I don't trust America as much as I used to anymore. But fine, anyone else? Are we all alone now? World vs. Israel?

Apparently not. Nigeria still loves us.

"Oh my God, we love you!"

Always feels good to hear that from a stranger...

Thank You Lord.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dani B. said...

The best time was when we once went to Taam China in Boston and there was a dish on the menu called "strange flavored chicken." When the waiter comes over we ask him what it is flavored with. He looks around then stares me straight in the eye and says "strange seasoning!"

Wed Jul 27, 10:52:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

nice one dani

Thu Jul 28, 12:27:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Hinda said...

Nice people from Nigeria...
Tonny: Yeah Nigeria!
You would SO say something like that.

Thu Jul 28, 05:47:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home