Friday, July 08, 2005

Boston, Middah K'neged Middah

Boston was lots of fun. Saw Batman Begins with Gila. Good movie, good movie. Christian Bale, who played Jack from Newsies pays Batman, and he's quite good. The fight scenes were a little bit annoying, because they couldn't (or didn't want to) keep the camera straight (at least that's what it seemed like), but it was a good movie.
Fireworks were really really nice too. Better than last years...
The mornings I spent at the kollel. Tuesday I was there all day until around 500, 530. Wednesday I was there only until 100, when I walked in the pouring rain to Rami's for lunch with Devorah. I must say, Rami's shwarma is probably better than at Golan Heights. It's really really good. Thank you for lunch, DAC. Then I went to DAC's apartment for a little bit, then I called Ayelet, she picked me up, we went shopping a little bit, then went back to her house, she cleaned her room, burned me some cd's, I just layed around keeping her company. It was cool because I haven't really talked or really chilled with Ayelet for like, 2 years, but now I did, so it's cool. Then she drove me to Craig's house, but no one was home, which was annoying because I wanted to drop off my tefillin and sfarim, and whatever else I wanted to do. Whatever, wasn't so bad. Went to Taam China with Gila--their Steak Kew is really good. Thursday I was there til 145 about, went to the T, but it didn't come for a long time, and by the time I got to South Station...I had missed my 315 bus, so I just chilled. It was fun.
I miss Boston. And not just one person, Dani, I like the city of Boston, I really do.

HaShem always pays you back for your actions. Always.

On the bus to Boston, our first stop was Foxwoods (or Mohegan Sun, then Foxwoods? Whatever...) and the bus was PACKED. So I sat next to a dude, nice guy. Then he asked me to borrow my phone for a second. I didn't really want to, I was kind of nervous, even though he was right next to me, and there were 55 people on the bus, so he probably wouldn't try anything, but still I was nervous to say yes, but I did anyway. Whatever, so he called his friend, something about picking him up. He used it, left a message, a few minutes the guy called back, I just gave him the phone. He thanked me, I was like it's ok don't worry about it. So I was relieved. I was thinking, why would HaShem do something like that when I'm trying to do something nice? That eased me a bit though, so that was good. So he got off, then I slept, learned, said Tehillim, nice bus ride.
I wasn't able to charge my phone at Craig's house, because he had no outlets available in his room, so I charged it at the kollel, in the chadar ochel (they didn't call it that though). Yesterday though, I charged it for around 3 hours, and it wasn't done yet, I was disappointed. I just said, "Lord, please let me have enough battery to get home." So I left, hung out in Boston, yada yada, my battery goes down to 2 bars [of 3]. At around 900, I call Miriam, because I haven't talked to her in a while, didn't see her :-( when I was in Boston, so whatever, I called her. We were talking, Gila calls, she says go to talk to her then her back. Ok. I talk to Gila for a minute, say I'll call you back. So I call Miriam, we're talking, then she says, one of her friends from camp called her on someone's phone, so she's going to call her, and call me back. Ok. I notice now that my battery is down to 1. I'm talking to Gila, and as we're aying goodbye, my phone turns off. I'm thinking, Oh gosh, "Low Battery..." When that happens, that means that there is only enough power for it to be on for a little bit--not even to make a call. But my bus was going to be late getting into B-port, and I had to call A & P--they left a voicemail too. I had no choice, but to borrow someone's phone. I looked around, I noticed the guy across from me had a phone. I was nervous to ask him, but I had to reach A & P, so I asked him. I asked, can I borrow your phone? My battery is dead... and he gives it to me, and I thank him. I check my voicemail, called Peggy, it was good. I gave the phone back to the guy, and I realized, wow, I love you Lord. Middah K'neged Middah. Just like I had let someone use my phone when he needed it, someone let me use it when I needed it.

The Lord is THE MAN!!
Have a Good Shabbos y'all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hinda said...

Awww, that was really sweet. And, yes, Hashem is the man! So to speak. Have a good Shabbos.

Fri Jul 08, 09:58:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Hinda said...

Oh, and can you tell me what fake Karban Nesanel said?

Fri Jul 08, 10:00:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Dani B. said...

I hate to burst the whole MK"m thing but I leant a guy my phone on a bus to Yerushalayim from beit shemesh and he's on it talking and the next thing I know he bolted at the next stop! I had to chase him down the highway at night in the dark but I caught him and and hopped back on the bus. His wussy friend tried to kick me as i got back on but it was weak. Lending phones is much more common is Israel. you'll get asked all the time and if you say no people will think you are a jerk!

Fri Jul 08, 11:42:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Dani B. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sun Jul 10, 04:48:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Dani B. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sun Jul 10, 07:09:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home