Thursday, June 30, 2005

Keep Your Wrist Straight

Ok fine...last Shabbos, Peggy beat me at Scrabble, 271 - 231.

And yes, Tziporah came in from St Louis last night (weee!) and we went bowling today. And yes, I bowled 6 strikes in a row. I must say it was freakin awesome. I ended up with a 188--my highest score EVER!
The Gemara [I believe, but I'm not sure where] says that one of the King's of Yehudah (Yoshiyahu I think...again, not sure who) would have been Mashi'ach--but he wasn't. And why not? Because he didn't sing "shira LaShem," songs of thanks to HaShem. He didn't thank HaShem, so he didn't become Mashi'ach?

Wow, that's harsh.

Must be pretty important to thank people, right?

In that case, I would like to thank the person who I owe my 188 points today--Marni. At Adina's birthday party back in May, she was the only one there who was really really good at bowling (I mean, come on, what else is there to do in Columbus, OH, right??), and she said to me, "keep your wrist straight." And I did, and I got 6 strikes in a row, and I bowled a 188.

Thank you Marni.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zalman said...

Alot of people wanted to be Moshiach and didn't quite make it.... sorta like the Lubavitcher Rebbe and Sabtzai Tzvi

Fri Jul 01, 10:37:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home