Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Ramblings Before Bed

Aight, well, I was told 3 nights ago, around 2 and a 1/2 weeks beforep Purim, that I need to bring my own Megillah to Whippany--where I'm leining (the same place I davened Rosh HaShana - Yom Kippur). The Good Rabbi forgot to tell me that fact before, so now I gotta look for one, although, I might be able to borrow Zack's. Will keep you updated....

So on Sunday I met with R' Granofsky from Ohr Dovid. Divrei Moshe wanted me to at least meet with him, so I did. I mean, what could be bad, you know? So I met him at Grandma's, I got a snapple. He offered to buy me something, but I was fleishig (from one of the best shwarma's EVER!!) So when we finished, naturally, he asked if I had any questions. So I asked him who davens on Rosh HaShana - Yom Kippur. He told me, some rebbeim, whatever, don't remember their names. Then he asks me "Where were you for yontiff? Fairfield?" I think that if I said I was in FFLD, he would have said the same thing, but I said, no, I davened in Whippany NJ at an old age facility place thing. So then he said, trust me, the davening at the yeshiva was better than where you were. I was thinking about saying something, like, yeah, I'm not that good anyway, or, yeah, I can't expect to be better than rebbeim, right? I was thinking about it, but I decided against it. R' Granofsky's a nice man, and I didn't want him to feel bad. I mean, to tell you the truth, really, how CAN I really believe that my davening was better than a rebbe's, who is older, wiser than me, and had better kavanah? I'm serious though, there's no way I can actually say, and believe, that I was better than these two rebbeim. You could say that, oh there is no better, because either a) you cannot say one is better than someone else on Yamim Nora'im because come on, you just cannot judge it, or the loser-ish answer b) you're all winners. Whatever. But seriously, they probably were better anyway.
And if I said I was in FFLD, he might have said the samething, so I would have thought to say, yeah, 13th generation chazzan doesn't mean anything, right? Or something like, yeah, my father davened. Or just say, I don't know, my father's pretty darn good...But no I would NOT have said anything, because he is a really nice man, and it's not so good to do that. If it was someone I didn't like, so yeah I would've. BTW, abba's awesome. You should hear him...

Aight, Megillas Est[h]er update: I'm BH up to Perek (chapt) 7.

MTA JV Hockey: Yeah, they lost @ HAFTR last night...even though they were 7-3 during the season. Like I said to Lightstone yesterday, don't you guys stink?

I want my own black hat.

Soccer tryouts on Sunday...:-(

I know there's more I wanted to say...

Oh yeah, I have to lein revi'i on Shabbos. BH it's short.
I'm also leining shevi'i and maftir, but I know those already.

Ok, I'm done (although I know there was something else...). Laila tov vachalamot metukim y'all!

Tonny

3 Comments:

Blogger Shir Chadash said...

Yerachmiel might have a hat that no longer fits his ever-growing head...

Yeah, I love my baby brother.

Thu Mar 10, 01:39:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Schwarzmer Family said...

Hey - what happened to your other black hat? Like the one you wore to the wedding two weeks ago?

i-nan

Thu Mar 10, 11:10:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Schwarzmer Family said...

BTW - we're only 5th generation. Where'd you get 13?

Thu Mar 10, 11:11:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home