Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Est[h]er, [Fantasy] Baseball....

One more perek to go in Megillas Est[h]er!! Perek 9!! WEEEE!!!!!!! (I already did Perek 10, I mean, dude, it's only 3 pesukkim...)

There was something else I wanted to write, but I totally forgot what it was.

Ok nevermind, I got it. So today was a really nice day to play some catch, AGAIN. And I was the only one who has their baseball glove here, AGAIN! What the hell?! Lordy, please, don't do this to me. I NEED MY BASEBALL!!

Yishuv hada'as, of course...

(Those of you who aren't sports fans, can stop reading here.)
So yes, baseball is in the air. BHYY!! And you know what that means, right....? FANTASY BASEBALL!! WOOOOO! YEAH BABY! So last week, I decided to join 3 leagues besides Rabbi's league, to test out my draft rankings. I got 2 drafts done, one more to go. That is, on my FonZThEIV yahoo name, I still got FonzTheV to go...Aight so so far, my drafts have gone ok (btw, for those who want to know, I'm not going to spend too much time with these leagues, my main focus is Rabbi's league, the other ones are to make sure my draft will be as good as possible for Rabbi's league). I have Adrian Beltre, Jeff Kent, Paul Lo Duca and Raphael Palmeiro on both teams that the drafts took place in so far. Both of my teams have 4 catchers, and in the second draft, i got my 4 catchers in 5 rounds. One catcher, position player, then in the next 3 rounds, catchers. Whatever, it's ok, I have Victor Martinez, who is one of the best catchers right now. I also have Mike Piazza, who I think is going to turn it around this year, and still capable of 30, 100, .300. I have Carl Pavano, which is good. And Eric Gagne. I think he's ok, right (that was sarcastic)? On my first team, I have Mariano Rivera. He's the only good pitcher on that team. And I have 5 position players on my bench, including Luis Gonzalez, Craig Biggio. I have Jose Reyes though, which makes me happy, he'll be good. I also have Carlos Lee, who's awesome on my 2nd team. Ok, so here are my teams (my second team is being written down first, because the page is already open):

The Jewish Mafia - Yahoo Public League 250147
C - Victor Martinez
1b - Mike Piazza (C, 1b)
2b - Jeff Kent
3b - Adrian Beltre
SS - Julio Lugo (2b, SS)
OF - Paul Lo Duca (C, OF), Carlos Lee, Ken Griffey Jr.
Util - Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez (C)
Bench - Matt Lawton (OF), Raphael Palmeiro (1b), Erubiel Durazo (1b)

SP - Carl Pavano, Jeremy Bonderman, Livan Hernandez, Matt Morris, Doug Davis
RP - Eric Gagne, Guillermo Mota, Danny Graves, Tom "Flash" Gordon

The Jewish Mafia - Yahoo Public League 240019
C - Jason Varitek
1b - Shawn Green (1b, OF)
2b - Jeff Kent
3b - Adrian Beltre
SS - Jose Reyes
OF - Barry Bonds, P Lo Duca, Moises Alou
Util - Jason Kendall (C)
Bench - Luis Gonzalez, Ray Durham, Craig Biggio, Jason LaRue, Raphael Palmeiro

SP -Freddy Garcia, Brad Radke, Brandon Webb, Bronson Arroyo
RP - Scott LInebrink, Mariano Rivera, Juan Rincon

You might say, "wow, Barry Bonds...ooooh!" Well, yeah I would too, except for the fact that he just had surgery...so yeah, I don't want him. Oy I never thought I would say that...

Aight, that's it for now...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey tonny, nice blog. i just wanted to say that your fantasy teams both pretty much suck. hehe, sorry. you have NO pitching or a decent slugger.

Marc

Tue Mar 22, 07:20:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home