Friday, November 04, 2005

Sheva Brachos

So it's the 2nd day of the new zman (semester, I guess...) and it's around 20 minutes before philosophy class tonight, around 740, and this guy comes into the beis medrash and says, we're having 7 Brachos, we need 2 guys. So I'm like, Dude, I'm there! I mean, free food, you know? So Max and I went, we got there, sat down, and the people went through the obligatory questions, like, where you from, how many guys in the yeshiva, how is it here, etc. and it was good, I'm learning Hebrew, they're learning English. And I ate supper there--I didn't like the yeshiva supper. We sang a little bit, dvar torah from one of the people, and we bentched, and I got the long bracha (nice!). As we left the Mrs. said, and at your chuppah, we'll come and be with you, and I said, God Willing.

There's nothing like spontaneously going to a 7 Brachos, and getting a great mitzvah, while getting free food, and missing philosophy class.

(I must say, when I thought about this post, it was MUCH better in my head than it is now...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home